Thursday, October 2, 2014

I think I might have learned something

I’ve decided to comment on my assignments for this week’s blog post.  Last week was the initial design of the current system arrangement for Harry and Mae’s restaurants.  Much of the assignment was similar to the analysis we had done for a previous class, but I feel like I understood the assignment so much better this time around.  The purpose behind college and homework is to learn (obviously), but I’m starting to realize just how much I have learned.  I’ve understood all along that there is a learning curve with every class as I’m introduced to new topics and processes; however, for the first time in the program the assignments are requiring the prior knowledge learned in the previous classes. Each of my classes prior to this term, while enjoyable and informative, were pretty independent of one another.  Now they have begun to build on each other, which is interesting to me.  I don’t mean just the assignments, just the way the past has informed my current classwork.  I’m sure I would have been able to complete the assignments this week and last week if I hadn’t had the prior coursework, but it would have been much more difficult, if not overwhelming.  Fortunately I had the previous work that I could reference to complete these assignments.  I’m finally seeing the light at the end of the graduate work tunnel, and am happy to know that I have leaned not only the subject matter, but how to incorporate what I’ve that learning into my new projects.  




No comments:

Post a Comment